Thursday, November 18, 2010

Random Social facts

US is such an interesting country. I can't say for certain that it is interesting in a good way, but it is definitely interesting nonetheless. I just finished writing a paper that talks about racism in the US. And how I'm actually related to it too. Believe it or not, I actually experience forms of racism even though I'm neither black or white. I'm not gonna go into detail about my experience but I realize the longer I stay here, the more I learn about the small details about living in the US.

One example can be seen in the social security disability insurance. Companies not only provide health insurance but also help people to receive social security disability insurance and Medicare benefits. They will help you with the application process and only charge you when you qualify for the system. What exactly is Social Security Disability? These are financial and healthcare services specially for people with disabilities.

I wonder how Malaysia works for this? Hmm...

No comments: