Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The beautiful sound of music

Learning music can be a torturing experience for the people around the musician. Even for myself, the first few weeks of learning a piano piece is the part I hate the most. Because no matter how lovely the music may sound, the initial phrase of learning the notes makes no sense to the listener at all.

That's why I always dread the initial phrase and don't practice my piano at all. Its only until I know my exam is coming will I force myself to learn the piece. And once I get the hang of it, I can play the same piece for 3 to 4 hours without end.

But I can only imagine how my family felt when I first start learning a piece every single time. Can you imagine having stainless steel drums in the house? Oh god.. I really hope my future son/daughter/husband is not gonna be a drummer. If he/she is going to be one, make sure there's gonna be a sound proof room in the house.

Please please please.

No comments: