Thursday, May 08, 2008

Thoughts

Today is already the 7th of May. You have no idea how much I'm counting on the days to move a little bit more faster. I know I'm suppose to appreciate every moment that I have especially since I'm in a great environment and everything but I miss home soooo much! Not that I'm complaining though. This new experience of being in a community where everyone strives to be the best of their abilities, having good friends and professors support you in potential finding work is definitely the best thing that has ever happen to me but...

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK HOME!!!!

Its the last week of school now. Next week is going to be finals week. Then graduation for the class 2008. Then I'll be taking the plane back home. Can you imagine how fast time flies? Its like I'm in another world and the time has stopped for everyone back home. Or that's what I think. I know there are going to be many changes back in Malaysia. I just hope that those changes will be able to accommodate yet another girl that has left the home country. I hope that I wont feel alien in the place I grew up in and most importantly, I will still feel proud to be a Malaysian and that no where is better than home.

The past year has been intense for me. I have experience soo much and gain so much. I went to Colombia for my learning cluster. Spent 2 weeks in Leticia swimming around the Amazon River catching random piranhas to count. I went to Arizona and interacted with the Native Nevajo people and learned sooo much about the Native Americans. I joined the swim team. I can actually call myself an athlete for the first time. Of course we shall not discuss my swimming abilities but I'm in a TEAM!!! A college Team!!! Can you believe that? I joined salsa and did multiple performances both in and outside of school. I also joined taiko, which is a Japanese drum playing group. I have changed myself from being this soft, feminine helpless girl to someone that can actually not be called a tofu anymore! Take that DAD!!! =P

I took so many classes that has thought me so much. Most of which leaves me depressed because I learned about the sufferings of the world. But I know feeling depressed will not get me anywhere, most importantly it wont end the suffering of those people. I realize that I have to know these things to try and change the world. Easy to say but difficult to do. I know.

These are just the random thoughts that are passing through my mind right now. I'm fully appreciative of everything around me right now but I am also truly looking forward to the second my feet touches Malaysian soil and I can eat Chow Kuew Tiao!!!! Wahhaah...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont we all love food in malaysia..aww..
im so hungry!!

Anonymous said...

good article

Cherry Popcorn said...

bp!!!

Yea... sigh.. sad right? Poor us Malaysians!

mattress,
Thanks! =) Thanks for dropping by too!