Friday, September 21, 2007

Books Meme!

Oooh.. Its been ages since I last did a tag. If any of you tagged me, and I didn't reply, please do remind me again. I totally forgotten where the tag is. So sorry ya guys.

Josette from Books Love Me just gave me a books meme! Oooh.. Since I love books, I'm gonna do this tag! Hehe..

Here goes..

Total number of books owned:

Oh dear.. I really don't know this. I had this book buying craze before I left for the States and bought like over 30 books in just 6 months. It was totally crazy! And the worst thing was I didn't get to read finish any of them before I left. And I didn't get to bring all of them when I came here coz of the limited space. To tell you the truth, I brought less than 10 books here. Sad.. I know..

But I'm probably going back this holidays so books here I come.

No space in my room though. Boohoo..


Last book bought:

Hmm.. Online shopping is really getting to me now. There are so many cheaper books online compared to my university bookstore. You can't imagine how cheap it is. That's if you're willing to wait for say 2 weeks. But its so worth it. Love online shopping now! Haha..

Just bought Fruit of the Motherland: Gender in an Egalitarian Society
by Maria Alexandra Lepowsky for my Anthropology class. Its surprisingly interesting. Its about this anthropologist that went all the way to New Guinea to do research on the gender issues of the people there. You really see how different the culture of the people living there. What is considered normal and what is not.


Interesting part: The women there don't wear clothes, just skirts make of leaves. =P


Last book read:

Oh dear.. last book read? Em.. I haven't finish reading a book in a long time. But if you don't consider me not finishing it, well then I guess its either my Anthropology text book or my Physics book. Hahah..

But leisurely though, the last book that I really read was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. And can you imagine, I havent finish reading that book yet? I wanna slowly treasure it that I think I'm the last Harry Potter fan that hasn't finish the book. I hope I don't have anyone putting the story's ending in my comment section. =(


Five books that mean a lot to you:

Hmm.. Hard question. But I'll try it anyway!

1. A Youthful Diary by Daisaku Ikeda
2. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
3. P.S I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
4. Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela
5. New Human Revolution Series by Daisaku Ikeda

Yup! That's done! Its hard to choose only 5 though. But these are my precious 5 in no particular order! =)

People I wanna Tag

1. Pinkster
2. Terra Shield
3. HcFoo
4. Miss Positive
5. Menchie!

Have fun playing this tag!

6 comments:

hcfoo said...

thanks for remembering me ;) will do it in awhile

pinksterz said...

thanx for tagging me when i am out of blogging idea! =D

Josette said...

Oh...what a shame that you couldn't read all! Well, we're in the same club anyway, where we buy more books than we read! But, I hopelessly enjoy buying books, that's the problem. I just can't control myself! I can only control myself when I'm broke. =D

And now with uni stuff and all, there's less time for me to read!

Hey, I'm taking Anthropology, too. Interesting course. I love it!

Terra Shield said...

Will come up with my answers soon... thanks for the tag :)

Cherry Popcorn said...

hcfoo,
Welcome! =) EnjoY!

pinksterz,
I know! It good to have tags once in a while right when you're running out of ideas! Haha.. Have fun!

josette!
I know! Its so terrible. Its like obsessive buying! I just love the feeling of choosing books and buying it. But when it comes to actually reading it... sigh.. so sad!

You're taking anthropology too? What do you learn? I love it! The stuff we read are so interesting! =)

terra shield!
Welcome gal! Take care and have fun!

Marie said...

Good list. I've been tagged for this one too.