Thursday, May 03, 2007

Saying Goodbye..

After so many times of doing this it still feels terrible. Like a part of you is gone together. I know this sounds cliché and all but..

Sigh… I hate this!!! I dunno how many times of saying goodbye I can take.

I picked him up from the LRT either on Fridays or Saturdays, spent almost the entire weekend doing things together, squeezing every second and making the most out of it but before you know it, the weekend is over and I have to send him off again. And the cycle goes on and on and on.

I know I should count my lucky stars because I get to see him for a few days a month. Maybe even a week if you add up all the days together but saying goodbye is always the hardest! And I can't even imagine later when I wont get to see him for maybe the next 4 years!

Though I know after a few hours I would be feeling all right and work hard to make myself single again but it’s just so tiring!!! >.<

Though I think I'm improving on it.. It's like I make myself harden and not be affected by it. To push away all the emotions and not think about it.

Not that I would exchange it for something else… He needs an education and I don’t live there but… +.+

And I know I can’t complain because in another 3 months time, I would be off to the other side of the world and god knows when we would see each other again! And that would be even worst right?

Or would it?

At least then my heart would get use to it and not feel the pain so much. Don’t you think so? Would I get used to the absence and not feel so terrible?

Or is it because I don’t have much to do here so all my mind can think of is this. If I am the one studying I would not be so affected by this. Like him! I see him taking it really very well..

Or is it?

I know what a lot of you may say. That we both will change and develop into different people and our priorities may change and we may not be suitable for each other anymore. That we're still young and.. yada yada yada..

I know that.. But there is always hope right? There are like 1 successful story out of 10 right? Not sure whether I'll be the 1 percent anot but I will like to try!

Do you know of any successful long distance relationship? Not those kind that one is in Seremban and one is in Selangor. More like one is in KL and the other in London or something lidat.

Come on.. share some with me so I will at least think that I have hope.. =(

Okay?

Sigh… Relationships are hard.

13 comments:

Wanster said...

not to put u down, but as u grow stronger and as u push aside those feelings even more, u'll eventually find urself independent enough to stand on ur own. and people do change, when one day u get back again, u might find him different, vice versa.

well, my two cents. i still admire couples who can pull it thru. respects all ur efforts :)

Observer said...

agree wif wan yean

Anonymous said...

I have been in a few long distance relationships before, and they are hard. And you're so right, the hardest part is saying GOODBYE!! My last relationship, I was with the guy for almost 4 years, and 2 of those years was spent in a long distance relationship. I eventually moved closer to him. I would cry, almost everytime I left from visiting him. It was like a part of me that I was leaving with him and its sooooo very painful.

From my personal experience, I believe that long distance relationships can work. It takes two people who are sincerely committed to each other and who desire to make it work! A relationship is what you make it! It takes hard work and effort and a whole lotta other things, but I believe that if you love someone and you're willing to put forth the effort that it takes to stay in a long distance relationship, you can make it!!!

As for me and the guy I was dating for 4 years, we broke up last year and we have remained very good friends. So it doesn't always have to end bad! =)

Goodluck with your relationship!!

zewt said...

well, not many LDR survive the test of time. those who made it... usually takes some break in between... which means, they broke up... went out with other ppl... and then decide to go back again. but then, that's very rare... most will not make it. sorry to spoil your beans.... KL and london isnt a drive away you know...

Bryan said...

Just wait for Air Asia going to Europe lah, then can go KL-London for Rm9.99.

Rambling Mind said...

Well, look at it this way:

1) Absence makes the heart grow fonder even though saying goodbye sucks.

2) If you make it through these 4 years, you'll be together for the rest of your lives.

3) There's always Skype (or some other variant).

Ah, young love..... To be that age again (smiling wistfully)

Anonymous said...

long distance... hmm susah lah girl. trust me. well, you can try. i wish u all the best. I hate being in love. coz it can caused so much pain. but when its the good time, you willing to die to feel it again. I wish you all the best and may your love forever, Amen. ;)

Cherry Popcorn said...

wan yean,
Yeah.. I agree with you. So when people ask me what I'm gonna do about it, I'll just say that we'll try our best and if it works out, then that's great but if it doesn't that it's not the end of the world. But it's still hard. =(

freethinker,
Yeah.. I agree to some extend too.. =)

urban butterfly,
Why did you guys break up? Just curious.. =)

Thanks for sharing though. I'll certainly work hard to make it work. That being said, if it doesn't that it's not the end of the world! Thanks ya!

zewt,
haha.. That's kinda ideal. But I think it's really hard. What if those 2 people are not single at the same time. Or something. Relationships are hard. Sigh..

And it's not london. It's California! =)

Bryan,
Hey! Thanks for dropping by! But it's not KL to London. It's KL to California. There got Air Asia anot? =P

rambling mind,
Thanks for dropping by! I gather you're in a loving mature relationship now eh? =) Hehe.. I don't really believe in the absence makes the heart fonder thingy. I guess it's a reason for me to try out then! Take care!

papajoneh,
Yala.. susah betul! Sigh.. =) You hate being in love? Oh dear.. Did it do something terrible to you? Love is hard and painful but it has it's moments too! ^.^ Take care!

Menchie said...

Hey Princess,
hang in there. it's tough but it really is up to the two of you no matter what anyone says.

if it is what both of you want then you can make it work.

hcfoo said...

To be honest, a lot of ldr don't last. Even if it survived ldr, probably you guys will move on to another stage later which is even more challenging, working life.

But hey, you never know what's going to happen. Try your best to maintain the r/s. Have faith.

But again, the world is beautiful out there and there's plenty of things to explore.

zewt said...

california? wahh.. jauh la tu.

Cherry Popcorn said...

menchie,
Thanks! it is people like you tat makes me think it's possible! Muarx!

hcfoo,
yeah! Haha.. the world is full of fishes right? But still.. scared scared! =(

zewt,
yup!!! Hehe.. will miss me? =P

Anonymous said...

I was in long distance relationship! And i'm happily married with him now! I was in KL and he's in Germany. We met once a year. And it felt really terrible saying good bye. When i came home, it feels like he's dead or something. Some really sad feelings.

So after 3 years of lone distance relationship, we decide to get married to ease all the missing feelings...and i moved to Germany..

It really needs a lot of patience and trust. Good luck to you and all the best!

P/S: it's my first time dropping by via Zewt :)