Monday, December 05, 2011

Monday, Apr. 19th, 1954

A Youthful Diary by Daisaku Ikeda
Monday, April 19th, 1954

Few friends know me.
Few members trust me.
Few seniors sincerely look after my development.
Few truly protect me.
No- such spoiled attitude will not do.
Everything derives from my determination. Before judging others, remember to look strictly at myself. Must take a good look at my own faith. The Gohonzon watches over and protects me. My mentor watches over me and guides my growth.

If a person cannot manage to cross a moat ten feet wide, how can he cross one that is a hundred or two hundred feet?
- "The Actions of the Votary of the Lotus Sutra" (WND, 766)

Must never forget that my mentor has led me from miserable circumstances to the state of growth and happiness I now enjoy. To bed 1:25.

No comments: