Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gloomy birthdays!

My roommate just had her 22nd birthday yesterday! And I hope I made it enjoyable for her. Its hard to make birthdays fun nowadays. I was talking to a friend the other day and I realize that seriously.. birthdays just make people sad. Especially after the 20 year old mark.

Remember when you were young and you always wanted to grow up? And be an adult? Well.. once you reach the adult stage, you want to stop and not grow any further. We are being brought up by a society that places so much value on birthdays, that it is supposed to be the best day of the year and everyone is supposed to make you feel special, coz its your birthday! And precisely because of that reason, you have that expectation that it is going to be an amazing day and it never fulfills it.

I always end my birthday with a sad and gloomy feeling. Even though my friends always work hard to make it special for me. Yes I do feel happy with all the special treatment but at the end of the day, you have to admit that you're one year older and that means more responsibility and less youth. =.= Anti wrinkle treatment is needed more and more as the years get added into our life.

Please tell me how is that amazing?

No comments: