Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blogging about food!

Wow.. its been ages since I last blog about food! I don't really know why either but I have stop posting pictures about food though I occasionally still whip out my camera whenever I go to some new place.

Ever since one of my good friends got a car, we have been driving everywhere to try out new food. Its so exciting having a car! No need to be stuck on campus every single day. You don't know the feeling of happiness we get knowing that we have the freedom to go ANYWHERE we want ANYTIME we want!

Wahaha.. hopefully my results wont suffer.

And hopefully my dad doesn't read this! =(

Anyway, we recently went to a Korean place near Irvine. There's this street call Culver street and it has all kinds of Asian restaurants there. There's even an Indian Curry House and a Persian supermarket. Ranch 99, which is a Chinese supermarket is around there too. Not to mention a few Korean and Japanese restaurants. But as usual, no Malaysian restaurants.

Cant wait for the May holidays to come! Ahhhh..

We went to this place called Koba Tofu. Heard it from one of the students on campus. The interior of the place was very pretty and the waitresses there actually speak Korean. You know the food should be fair if the people actually speak the language! Unlike some Japanese restaurants that is own by Mexicans.

Nothing wrong but you know..

The food there was okay. I like the soup the best. As usual we were served the small dishes as appetizers. I love the fried fish. Never been to a Korean place that serves fried fish!



I ate all of it! Including the bones!

The soup was really nice. We called super spicy. They had the spicy numbering from 1 to 5 and being a Malaysian, of course I ordered number 5. Wahaha..




Too much Tofu though.. Overwhelming. >.<

My favorite Korean dish is bimbimbap. Not sure if that's the correct name but the one where you mush everything up in a stone bowl! Yup, the important thing here is the stone bowl. Therefore how can you serve bimbimbap in a plastic bowl? That is not called bimbimbap already. =.=


Ah well..

Ok ok only.

The food in this place can be considered good if you like tofu. Especially since their specialty is tofu. But I'm not really a tofu person. Especially those white soft ones. Price is normal, not to cheap, but bearable I guess. Around $15 a person.

Nice to have Asian food though. ^.^

No comments: