Monday, January 07, 2008

It My Mummy's Birthday!

I don't know about you.. but the more I grow older, the more I feel that though I am going to experience different chapters in my life, there is a part of me that tells me that I'm no more my parents little girl anymore. I am no more the helpless girl that always waits for my parents to save me. Though I want to stay my parents' baby forever, I can't anymore because I can't deny that my parents are aging and soon I will have to be the one to take care of them.

This though kinda scares me sometimes because the very thought of being alone in this world is unbearable. Though I'm not saying that my parents are old but soon, I will be the one that needs to take over the decision making and the taking care of the family. I'm not saying I don't want to do it but it is just scary being the one that has to make all this decisions. From being looked after by your parents to looking after your parents. Its a scary thought.

Don't you feel this way sometimes? I know its the responsibility of children to take care of their parents when they are old and I will do that because I love my parents to bits but I want to stay their little girl forever..

My mum is turning 50 years old today and she just told me that she is half a century old now! Haha.. that was a cute statement but it is true. After this year, time is gonna past by so fast and before you know it, your energetic parents will be 70 or 80 years old. And there will be a day when they will not be with you anymore.

That thought is totally freaking me out.

Ok.. but before that day comes, I know that I have to really appreciate my parents now. Though sometimes it can still be hard because parents are parents and parents get on children's nerves all the time.

But I just wanna wished my mummy this day, when we are not fighting even on skype and tell her that I feel bad for not being there on her big day and wished her a Happy Happy Birthday and a great wonderful year ahead.

I love you mum!

No comments: