Sunday, December 30, 2007

Krispy Kreme

The first time I heard about this Krispy Kreme doughnuts was while reading Kenny Sia's blog. He said that it was the best doughnuts that he has ever eaten and that there were fireworks when he had his first bite! The only doughnuts that I ever ate was those sugary doughnuts that you can find it those regular bakery shops. Only after coming to KL did I had my first taste of
these commercial doughnuts and it was from Dunkin Doughnuts. I kinda liked it. Didn't exactly love it to death but I love the one with the strawberry sprinkles and the one with the raspberry jam inside.



Never ever heard of Krispy Kreme before and you couldn't blame me because according to Kenny Sia, the only outlet in South East Asia is in Indonesia! Of all places! Weird right? Even the whole of Japan only has one Krispy Kreme outlet and people have line up for 3 hours just to get it.



Crazy right?

There was another time where I heard about Krispy Kreme. My friend from Australia came back for holiday and we were talking about food. He then told me that Krispe Kreme is the very best! I thought he was talking about the Crispe Crepe we had that was in One Utama for a while. I absolutely love their crepes especially the one with turkey and cheese. When I told my friend that, he looked at me blankly. Then we both realized that we were talking about 2 different things. How can doughnuts have turkeys in them?

But.. whatever it is, both are absolutely delicious. I don't know why Crispe Crepe eventually close down.

Anyway.. back to the topic. I finally went to the Krispy Kreme outlet after being in US for almost 5 months. There had a little factory inside where they show you how they make their signature doughnut which is the original glazed doughtnut. It is basically just glazed with sugar. And the best part is they will serve you their freshly made doughnuts immediately!




I don't really know how the process works.. So here goes me crapping! =)


First you make the dough..


Then you kinda cook it and fry it..


Then you soak it in oil..


Fill it up with sugar, sugar and more sugar!
This is what makes it so yummy!


Tadaa!!!


So many of them!!!


That's how you make doughnuts! Go try it at home!

Wahaha..



Oh my goodness...! I so want one now..


After the little show, you line up to buy for a doughnut yourself!








There are so many different flavours!



Not really that expensive!


But still not as many as Dunkin Doughnuts though..



I expected fireworks for my first bite for the doughnut and you know what..?



I got it...

Oooh.. It is absolutely delicious!!!



Its kinda crispy, yet soft at the same time. Once you bite into one you just feel like having another one, and another one and another one. Until you get diabetics and die.

=(

Ok.. its not that serious but its really that good.

Too bad I can't bring food into the airplane or else I can bring it for you guys to eat..

Wonder when will it come to Malaysia?




We bought one box and I ended up eating 3 of them! Not together of course! 2 for breakfast the next day! =) But I'm still fat! Boohoo.. Havent weigh myself since I came to SF. Kinda afraid to do so.. Ah..

You just need to put it in the microwave for 8 seconds. Why exactly 8 seconds I have no idea but it was still super delicious the next day..

Ah.. just blogging about it makes me hungry.. Why must I blog about food I don't understand.

It was kinda weird too holding the camera and snapping pictures all around while everybody else is just lining up buying doughnuts. Makes me look like a kampung (village) girl!

Aiya.. but who cares.. my imaginary readers more important right?

But yeah.. Do try it if you have the chance! Expect fireworks! ^.^

6 comments:

3POINT8 said...

Me me...an imaginary reader who loves krispy kreme heaps!!!

Anonymous said...

krispy kreme! haha..ate too much lately and i dont think im gonna touch those any time soon.Anyway Merry Christmas and happy new year to you! Lost your contact number so couldnt greet u via sms..=)

Daniel said...

hi, it’s a pleasure reading ur blog. Dropping by to wish u a Happy New Year 2008

Anonymous said...

This year is gone but it had also made us a little strong.
The path was long but we walked it with a song
There were fears and tears but we also had some reasons for cheers
Wishing you and your family a blessed new year

Cheers,

cibol

Menchie said...

Krispy Kreme opened 3 branches here in Manila last year. First tried it during a trip to the US. Needless to say, it ruined me for other donuts. :D

hcfoo said...

It seems like everyone is crazy about donuts these days. Do try out J.Co and Big Apple when you come back to Malaysia, yeah?