Friday, March 23, 2007

Recording Phone Calls - What do you think?

I recently worked as a telemarketer. Though the job lasted for like 4 days, (yeah.. I'm a terrible girl) but I certainly got some experience from the world of telemarketing! The feeling of getting rejected by people you don't know. CEO, Manager.. Being slam down on the phone by some unknown guy just because somebody else called him the day before, lots of terrible experience I must say.

Maybe you are okay with telemarketing, but I'm certainly not the girl for this job!

Though there are some good parts in this. The music that I get to hear while being put on waiting while the receptionist find the person to connect me too! I tell you, some companies don't just provide elevator music. Some of them have the latest hip hop music around. There was one company that had Oasis music playing in the background. It was so cool!!!

I didn't want the person to pick up the phone!!!

But what I don't understand its when some companies tell you before the operator picks up the phone that the phone call is being recorded! Esp if you call 103 the directory. Before somebody actually picks up the phone, they will tell you that the phone call is being recorded for god knows what purposes!

I always wondered why they wanna record the phone call! If there is like 10000 phone calls a day, they're gonna have 10000 records a day? Then where are these kept? Very very weird.

I guess its a preventive measure for some prank caller to suddenly call up the directory and start shouting four letter word to the operator. Maybe if they record it, they can sue the person that disturb them and go to court. Coz they have proof! And that is the record tape.

What do you think? Weird right?

There was this bank that I called to and they said the conversation is being recorded.

What for?

Maybe the manager will hear it every other day and when he/she likes the voice (maybe coz it's sexy or something) he/she will call that person back and ask him/her out for a date!

What do you think?

What are the pros and cons of having a phone conversation recorded anyway?

Maybe when you suspect your husband is cheating on you, then maybe you can put a bug on his office phone. Haha.. I sound like a CIA!

BrickHouse Security is a leader in the phone recorder market and also offers Privacy products to detect and defeat call recording devices.

Wanna start to record phone calls coz you suspect your teenage son is up to no good? Hmm.. Maybe you should give this product a try then! Tell me what happen after that ya!




2 comments:

david santos said...

Hello!
Thanks for you work and have a good week

Cherry Popcorn said...

david santos,
thanks! I'm always thrilled to get this kind of compliment! =) Take care!