Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Bicycle Joy Ride

I miss riding my bicycle. I know I know I just learned how to ride a bike at the age of 23 but one of the best experiences about my study abroad in Tokyo was learning how to ride a bike and going everywhere with my bike.

Seriously I went everywhere with my bike. To and from school, groceries, train station, visit friends.. everything. And I really think that if I can ride a bike in the narrow streets of Tokyo, in the midst of all the people, I can ride it anywhere.

One thing interesting about the lifestyle in Japan is the amount of people that ride bicycles over there. They have bicycle registration, thule bike racks around..special parking for bicycles. Everything u can think of for a city that runs on bicycles.

Totally environmental friendly I know.

Ah how I miss riding my bicycle.

No comments: