Saturday, March 19, 2011

The idea of love

Love or relationship. Haha.. Yeah. I can't really talk about this word without having a weird feeling anymore. I don't exactly feel any negative feelings towards it, but its definitely not what I thought of it when I was still in high school.

Love changes a person. It really does. You are suddenly exposed to this intense feeling of wanting to do anything and be anyone the other person wants you to be. Suddenly, nothing else or no one else matters except that person. And you know you can sacrifice your entire being just for that one person.

You're not you anymore, or you own self doesn't matter anymore. What matters is the happiness of that person. And you feel like you can't live without the person.

And suddenly you lose that person.

Haha.. I don't know where I'm going with this but yeah.. I can see why people are so desperate for love and going to free online dating sites to look for love. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. But.. I think.. I don't know.

We don't need fickle, idealistic, temporary, just for the fun of it love. What we need is meaningful ones. What that means, I'm still finding out.

No comments: