Saturday, October 20, 2007

Animal Style!

Hey guys.. My goodness.. I didn't even realize how long it has been since I last update! Time passes so fast here! Its like I'm in another world and everything on earth is still passing by while I'm having my own life here. Its so weird! Hard to describe but..

I miss Malaysia.. Boohoo.. I miss the food especially. I know that's what all Malaysian says when they are overseas but I tell you.. the food in Malaysia is really one of a kind. I can't find any Malaysian restaurants over in O.C. Or maybe I just don't go out of my university. Whatever it is.. I'm totally deprived of Char Kuew Tiao, Nasi Lemak, Fried rice, Maggi Mee Goreng, Asam Laksa.. Sigh.. I should stop torturing myself here.. Boohoo.. They do serve curry here once in a while, but its either Japanese curry which doesn't really taste like real curry, or the Indian curry here which also doesn't really taste like the curry we have in Malaysia. It doesn't have the authentic feel that we have in Malaysia. The taste is just.. blant.. =(

One thing funny though.. I havent really ate a lot of hamburgers here. They actually serve rice over in my cafeteria so that's what I have been eating everyday. White rice and fried egg for breakfast! Hehe.. no bangles for me! It taste weird! I don't like bread! But I found out a great place to get hamburgers! Hehe.. In & Out hamburgers! Yup! Have you heard of it? Its not really expensive. Its like 1.99 for one burger or for the set its USD 4 something. I know if you convert it to Malaysian dollars its expensive but ah well.. that's life.

This place is pretty weird though. They only serve 2 kinds of burgers here. Unlike McD or Burger King. They only have cheeseburger, double cheeseburger or the normal burger without any cheese. Ok.. that makes 3 types but still.. No different flavors of that sort. But they're still popular. One thing about Americans though.. the meat industry here is really corrupted and the people here are very much aware about it. Being vegetarian is quite a norm here.. unlike in Malaysia. Over here, almost every event you'll get food for vegetarian and not vegetarian. And for most vegetarian, when you ask them why they are vegetarian, they'll always answer, 'because the meat industry here is just too terrible!'.

But however popular vegetarian is, I don't think I'll ever give up eating meat! As I was saying, the hamburger at In & Out is absolutely delicious! Its just a small fast food chain where you will kinda find it anywhere but its just not as 'out there' as McD where they have advertisements everywhere! There's one interesting thing though that new people would never know about, they have a secret menu only long time customers would know.

And that is 'animal style'! What the hell is that you asked? Hehe.. well.. by telling the people behind the counter that you want your hamburgers or fries 'animal style' you're letting them pour in bacon, thousand island sauce, mayonnaise and all those unhealthy stuff into your hamburger or fries! And it is just wonderful I tell you! The funny thing is this 'animal style' is not written anywhere in the menu. And all the workers there would know what you mean when you tell them that!


My burger is 'animal style'!
Notice the normal boring fries?


Animal style fries!



I don't know about the Americans but I find this pretty weird. Though I love it and all.. I don't really like the name. Why animal? Urgh! Makes me feel I'm a big hungry beast gorging down on my burger! Not a pretty sight! But whatever la! Watever that makes my stomach happy I'm happy! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's what every malaysian say when they leave home. "I missed malaysian food". ha ha ha .. animal style eh? but the burgers seems like super big

Josette said...

Yumm...that burger is big! And I really love fries even if they're boring-looking. Talking about fries, I think I'll head off to McD tomorrow. =)

The meat industry is corrupted? So, you mean that the meat there isn't that delicious? I've heard that China's McD burgers don't taste so nice but the meat is nicer in Western countries where they use real meat. That's what my friend told me anyway!

Resurrected said...

In & Out is cool! You can order all sorts if you know the "password" or "code". You can even have three pieces of meat :P I can't remember the passwords now though, you can try Googling it.